Sunday 21 July 2013

Playing dress-ups, and other trivial matters

 

You can never be too old to put on a fluffy dress and dance around like a nong.


I found this petticoat in an opshop in the bridal section. I always look at bridal/evening dresses as they often yield an abundance of fabric to be turned into something else. I knew this petticoat would be perfect to wear under my circle skirts.


I chopped off the bottom layer of net and it was the perfect length.

 

It's a bit scraggly but I think I'll leave it.




On a completely trivial note, my hair is really annoying me lately. I bleach it and then dye it, but it doesn't seem to be holding the dye very well and is turning out all dull and grey. I don't want grey hair (yet). I want purple hair. So I'm thinking I might just cover it up. It's a pain in the bum to maintain; even when I'm not bleaching and colouring the regrowth, the stuff that's already coloured needs a touch up every 2-3 weeks. 
I'm thinking of covering it up with a blue-black and using some silvery/white colour for the shaved side (yes, I just said I don't want grey hair. Silver is different). 
I'm wearing a blue clip-in fringe piece in these photos to cover up some of the grey.


My blogging and commenting on others blogs has been random of late. I've had a lot on my mind, health-wise, home-wise. I'm about to take a week's break to see family interstate, some of whom I haven't seen in years. Seven days of reading, cups of tea, wood fires and sewing. Aahhhhh. 
(Oh, and family, who I love. Ahaha)

xx

10 comments:

  1. Whoa, cool dress!

    I hear you on how annoying it is to maintain high maintenance hair. I have use all of this protein stuff on my hair because my hair is so fragile, which is horrible for color. The color will only ever stay yellow, not blonde. I had it retoned last week and didn't wash it for nearly a week because I loved how it looked and then I washed it and of course...it's yellow again! I can't take it anymore. I spend so much money to have my hair look nice for a few days at a time! I just want to have my whole head bleached again because it's a million colors, but it will probably fall out. I just want it to be one solid color. The color weirdness doesn't show up in pictures somehow, but it's a mess in real life! I kind of want to just abandon this whole blonde thing and go red, but I was red for 4 months once, and that color was hard to maintain as well!!! Sorry I just wrote a long, complain-y comment. Have fun with the family!

    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. From now on I will look at bridal/evening dresses in anoter way. Great possiblilities, yeahhhhhhhhh.
    You are so true:You can never be too old to put on a fluffy dress and dance around like a nong.
    You are delicious, and so is your cherry dress.
    I am having a break too until the end of august. Off to Scottland to do some trekking.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful and the petticoat looks wonderful under the dress =]. I really like the blue color in your hair. Thanks for your comment on my post, I've missed you too. I hope this is a really wonderful week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a frothy, fabulously lovely creation! Tulle just makes the world a more joyful place, if you ask me, and always sets me in a blissful mood when I sport it. You look so splendidly pretty, dear gal!

    I really hope you have an endlessly relaxing trip and that the hair colour you're planning turns out exactly how you want it to. (Those clip in bangs are terrific, BTW - so very natural looking.)

    ♥ Jessica


    *PS* I love the name "sasquatch", too, it's super fun to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect petticoat for under your adorable dress! I adore tulle! I think your hair is awesome!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're always one step ahead

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress and the petticoat looks fab underneath xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for fluffy petticoats!! I hope you have a terrific time with family drinking generous amounts of tea too!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with chopping the petticoat. Lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete