Wednesday 20 May 2015

Profoundly Loved Blog Party

The lovely Seanna tagged me in this post a few months ago. I started my own post at the time but completely forgot about it til now! So here is some stuff about me. If you read this and would like to do the same, please say I tagged you :)

1} Tell me about something you love and why?

I love sewing. I have been sewing since I was about 14 years old. I started to get interested because I could make new and weird clothes for myself which no one else would have (think bright blue cheese-cloth flares with green ruffles around the legs - yes, really) and because I could make gothy  capes and skirts. Over time it became my creative outlet as I realised drawing/painting wasn't exactly my forte. Then I became more interested in vintage and retro clothing, which was often quite expensive and/or didn't fit my hourglass figure. Sewing dresses was a cheaper alternative and I found I could get very creative with retro/vintage patterns!

2} What is one think you do that makes you feel like ‘I could do this forever,’ when you do it?

Being genuinely relaxed and stress-free. Or playing stupid addictive Candy Crush on my phone. Or drinking tea.

3} What do you love about yourself?

My boobs! Ok, I realise this question does not specifically refer to physical attributes. But this is honestly the first thing that came to mind. I really do love mine. But, if we're talking more about mental attributes, I do love knowing how strong I can be and what I can endure, whilst also knowing how completely capable I am of falling to pieces (I don't love that last bit).

4} What advice would you give to someone who doesn’t believe he/she is beautiful?

I don't know that I would give advice. I know what it's like to truly believe horrible, mean, bad things about yourself. I suppose I could say I know how they feel. I wouldn't tell someone they were beautiful if they honestly believed they weren't. I would probably empathise with the feeling of being ugly, whilst not supporting it. 

5} What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received about confidence?

Act confident. Sometimes acting as though you are confident, really does make you confident. 

6} If you were your own daughter/son, what advice would you give yourself?

I would make it come with a magic wand so I could turn it into a rainbow unicorn covered in glitter. I do not want a mini-me.


7} A verse, poem, sonnet, ancient-old proverb that inspires you to love yourself and others?

No particular group of words has inspired me in such a way. Which is not to say I don't love myself, or others.

~*~*~

Well, that feels like a sour note to end on. Remember I do love something about myself at least!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Congratulations on being tapped by Seanna. She nominated me as a well and for once I actually took part in a blog tag fairly quickly after being put forward for it. The questions were great and I was keen to answer them, so that helped speed things along all the more. :)

    Your answer to #2 is so great. I don't think - and I say this very matter-of-factly, not in a "woe is me" sort of way - that I've ever felt stress-free (not even as a child - in fact, those were some of the hardest years of my life). I've had times of less stress and times of more stress, but feeling totally stress free isn't a state of bliss I've ever experienced. I would dearly love to though, but the realistic in me doesn't see it happening. I know that if I was way better off financially, that would help a great deal, but money certainly can't solve everything (it couldn't buy me good health, for example - but it likely could help things a bit more on that front), but it could eliminate a lot of my current worries for sure. I hope that you're able to have lots of low stress and stress free days, dear gal. You more completely deserve them!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been bitten by the Candy Crush bug, too. I hate when I run out of lives and have to wait for more. Waiting is not fun when you want to hear that music!
    I have a mini-me. Sometimes a unicorn would be so much easier.
    Huh, I don't have any inspiring words, either. With all of the people on pinterest with their "Quotes" pins one would think that something would catch my attention, but I usually am distracted by creepy abandoned buildings or great old clothes.
    Hugs, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete