Thursday 15 January 2015

Christmas dress 2014


So I'm a teensy bit late getting back into blogging this year, but better late than never... or whatever.

Every year I make a Christmas dress. It doesn't have to be made of Christmas fabric specifically but I like it to have Christmas colours at least. Last year's effort was white with red and green, which is Christmassy enough for me.


This is a standard bodice/circle skirt pattern I use a lot. It fits well and it's very easy to make. I lined this one in a fairly stiff satin to make the skirt puff out. The outer fabric is a poly/cotton.



The first time I wore it I got a tiny little bit of chilli oil on the front, but it's so small it's not terribly noticeable. 

Oh! And I have a new tattoo. I had my lower left arm completed in December. Three roses and a spidey on a web. 


And of course, what would a Christmas dress be without my Christmas earrings? They are little dancing mice.


The end of my year was fairly low-key. I work in retail now and it was absolutely mental in the lead-up to Christmas Day! I can now gift wrap absolutely anything like a pro. I also never want to hear the words 'gift wrap' ever again until next Christmas. Afterwards, I sat down a lot.

New Year's consisted of a burger and a beer with my boyfriend, which was perfect.

New Year's resolutions?
~* more yoga (at least 4-5 times a week) *~
~* learn more recipes and cook more *~
~* try something new each month to be healthy *~

That last one can translate to anything - Sugar-Free Month, Walk More Month, 
Don't Injure Yourself This Month, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress!!! This really makes me think that we need more cherry prints where the cherries (awesome as they are on their own) are mixed with other items, like flowers in this case.

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my latest recipe post. How have you been lately dear gal? I think of you often and really hope that life has been treating your kindly.

    Huge hugs & nothing but happy wishes for 2015!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet dress! It fits perfectly and is probably just right for your warm holiday (that I'm so jealous of!). I love the new tattoo. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to have your talent! What a pretty dress, I love cherry print fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Cherries, Christmas and a swing skirt, you most certainly cannot go wrong with that! Happy {belated} Christmas to you, Claire!

    ReplyDelete