My dream of a pretty, flattering shirt that ties at the waist has been realised.
Gertie has been designing patterns for Butterick and I pounced on this one as soon as I saw it. AND I got it on sale. Double score.
It looked easy, then it looked complicated, and after my first attempt I disovered it actually is quite easy provided one follows ALL the instructions.
I used a very thin, very BRIGHT cotton for my second attempt. I have a whole roll of this red stuff so it's good to practice on. It's really quite blinding and not at all as orangey as it appears.
I didn't have four buttons that were big enough so I use six smaller ones.My only gripe about this blouse is that I placed the button holes too far in. Eh.
Aaaaand here is my first attempt, in fabric left over from the cocktail dress. I left out a very small "clip to circle" step at the neckline and the whole thing went haywire. It's wrinkled because I threw it on the floor when "it" wasn't behaving. I might fix it up before next summer.
No photo shoot today. I'm just feeling too damn special being a woman and all. Bleh.