Wednesday, 23 November 2011

A work in progress

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to put something up here this week, so for now here is my current project.

The bodice is sewn together but the skirt is just pinned straight onto Doris, and I've only used the front half so it's probably sitting completely wrong. It's difficult to see in the photos but there is gathering under the bust. The sleeves are not attached yet. Pattern is Vogue 8470

The only thing I'm changing with this one (you know I just have to alter something!) is the sleeves. The pattern has quite full sleeves and they just won't sit well with this fabric. They'll make me look like I've got little misplaced wings. So I'm just going to add little cap sleeves instead.


Yawn. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this pattern with the longer skirt, sits well on Doris and increases the overall slim look. Perfect design for the cherry material. The skirt falls into elegant folds and is not as short and flared as some patterns.