Friday 24 February 2012

Leopard print maxi skirt


I've been spending more time with my good friend Leo Pard lately.

This was made with McCalls 4245. I'm not sure if it's available any more, but I'm pleased that a pattern I've had for quite a few years now can still look so good.


Alterations (of course): not many. In fact, only one. The skirt has a handkerchief hem, which I just filled out to a regular hemline. Apart from that, I actually followed the pattern.


I love this pattern because it has no waistband, just facing. Very comfortable.



I love the fullness of this skirt. I actually found this material in an op-shop for $11, and I knew immediately what I wanted to turn it into.


Hooray for leo-pard!

5 comments:

  1. That is the best maxi skirt I've ever seen. I want one!!!!!

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love people who make their own fashion. Most impress.
    Following and adding you to my blogroll.
    Have a grand Sunday.
    Besosssssssssssss
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice skirt and congrats on your skills.

    ReplyDelete