Sunday 22 January 2012

Wildflowers in water colours dress

Finally I am back in action. Apologies for the lack of posts lately, I have had some health woes this week! But now here I am, and with a new dress I've almost finished to show you all.



The back of this dress buttons to the waist, but I don't have the buttons (or button holes) done yet, so there are no back shots so far. This was made with McCalls 4026, which as far as I can tell, is no longer available.


You may also notice it's not a dress pattern. But I love the style of the bust. Probably more suited to stretch fabrics, but I inserted some elastic at the sides of the bust, and it sits perfectly well. I'm thinking a waist-tie or something around the bodice might be needed though. Also, I didn't plan to have that orange butterfly in the front, it was just a happy accident.




And how amazing is this fabric?? It's pure cotton, from good old Lincraft. It's rather sheer so I've lined it in white cotton. This is what it looked like before I turned it into a dress.





And just because I like the way they turned out, here are some more photos of me wearing my beautiful new dress. (Check out my flowers behind me! They're not dead!)




2 comments:

  1. OH,I LOVE IT. And they are gorgeous pics of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!!! That fabric is GORGEOUS. It's so feminine and pretty. You did a great job on the dress, too :)

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete